How do I reserve a puppy?
The reservation process begins when you complete the puppy application and/or reach out to us by email or phone. If we feel as though you and your potential new family member would work well together, we reach out to discuss placing a deposit on the puppy.
How much is the deposit?
Non-refundable deposits on puppies are $750 between 2-6 weeks, deposits may be transferred to another future litter at our discretion should your situation or needs change. A deposit of 1/2 purchase price is due if purchased between 6-8 weeks. The full price of the puppy is due if a puppy is selected after 8 weeks of age unless otherwise discussed. The remainder of the purchase price (cash or card) of a puppy is due at pick up of the puppy if paying with cash, otherwise, the remaining payment is due 48 hours before pickup.
Payments are made via the following methods:
- Credit card (+ $70 fee)
- GoodDog: https://pay.gooddog.com/gulf-coast-minis
- Venmo or PayPal (fees may apply)
Referral Program (LINK)
We are pleased to announce that as of June 27th, 2021 we will be instituting a referral program to thank our wonderful referrers. The process is simple, when you refer someone to us and they purchase a puppy you will be eligible to receive a $50 (Fifty) Amazon eGift card OR $100 (one-hundred) off your purchase of a future puppy from us*.
*We at Gulf Coast Minis LLC reserve the right to terminate, suspend, or change the program and its’ terms at any time.
Do you allow visits to meet or see the puppies prior to pickup?
Given the current situation regarding COVID-19 and the limited immune system of puppies, site visits are NOT possible. We can provide videos, pictures and other opportunities to see the puppies before pickup. We did not meet our dogs or their parents before purchase and love them all just the same.
How are puppies picked up?
Between 7-8 weeks of age, we can decide on a mutually agreeable public place to pick up your new family member. Puppies will remain with us to be raised with Mom and Dad until we feel as though they are ready to go. This could mean anywhere from 8-12 weeks, depending upon the puppy.
ALL puppies are sold without breeding rights unless otherwise discussed.
All puppies are registerable with ASDR as toy or miniature Australian Shepherds and/or AKC as Miniature American Shepherds. Puppies are sold with limited registration, provided after proof of spay or neutering.
What kind of food are the puppies fed?
Puppies are started on Purina Pro Plan puppy food between 3-4 weeks of age.
When purchasing a puppy, you are agreeing to care for and love your new family member for the next 15+ years. All purchases must be made with the knowledge that all puppy purchases are NON-refundable. We might be able to help with rehoming the puppy should an issue arise, but NO money will be returned and any money made by rehoming them is forfeited by the original buyer. This is a life-long decision that should not be taken lightly.
Do you provide a health guarantee?
Yes, the guarantee is as follows:
Buyer agrees to take their puppy to a veterinarian within 72 hours of puppy leaving Seller. This veterinarian appointment must include an overall health exam and fecal exam. If the puppy is purchased or arrives to you on a holiday or weekend, then the puppy must be taken to a licensed veterinarian on the following working day. If your regular veterinarian is not available, you are required to take the puppy to another veterinarian. Failure to have this exam on file will cause this guarantee to be null and void.
NOTE: Our personal veterinarian treats for internal parasites, but sometimes worming medication does not eradicate them all. We do not cover for any parasites. Be sure to take a fecal sample with you to your first veterinarian visit to check for parasites.
If at any time within fourteen days following the sale and delivery of a companion dog to the purchaser, a licensed veterinarian certifies the Puppy to be unfit for purchase due to a non-congenital cause or condition (exception is parvovirus which has a five day limit) or within six months from date of birth a veterinarian certifies your Puppy to be unfit for purchase due to a congenital or hereditary cause or condition, the purchaser has the right to elect one of the following options.:
1. the right to return the Puppy and receive a refund of the purchase price, including sales tax, and reimbursement of the veterinary fees incurred before the purchaser’s receipt of the veterinary certification. The seller’s liability for veterinary fees under this option must not exceed fifty percent of the purchase price, including sales tax, of the Puppy;
2. the right to retain the Puppy and to receive reimbursement for veterinary fees incurred before the purchaser’s receipt of the veterinary certification and the future cost of veterinary fees to be incurred in curing or attempting to cure the Puppy. The seller’s liability under this option must not exceed fifty percent of the purchase price, including sales tax, of the Puppy;
3. the right to return the Puppy and to receive in exchange a Puppy of the purchaser’s choice, of equivalent value, and reimbursement of veterinary fees incurred before the purchaser’s receipt of the veterinary certification. The seller’s liability for veterinary fees under this option must not exceed fifty percent of the purchase price, including sales tax, of the Puppy;
The certification must contain:
4. the right to receive a full refund of the purchase price, including sales tax, for the Puppy or, in exchange, an Puppy of the purchaser’s choice of equivalent value, and reimbursement of veterinary fees incurred before the death of the Puppy if the death occurs within fourteen days of the date the purchaser takes possession, except where death occurs by accident or injury sustained during that period. The seller’s liability for veterinary fees under this option must not exceed fifty percent of the purchase price, including sales tax, of the Puppy. The seller shall accept the veterinary certification of unfitness delivered by the purchaser within five days following the purchaser’s receipt of it.
- Name of the owner;
- the date/dates of examination;
- the breed, color, sex and age of the Puppy
- a statement of the veterinarian findings;
- a statement that the veterinarian certifies the Puppy to be unfit for purchase;
- an itemized statement of veterinary fees incurred as of the date of the certification
- where the Puppy is curable, the estimated fee to cure the Puppy;
- where the Puppy has died, a statement setting forth the probable cause of death; and
- the name and address of the certifying veterinarian and the date of the certification.
Proof in the form of a veterinarian receipt of veterinarian visit within the first four days of delivery must be provided to the Seller. When the purchaser presents a veterinary certification of unfitness to the seller, the seller must confirm the purchaser’s election in writing. Where the Puppy has died, the veterinarian shall hold the carcass until the Seller is reached to make arrangements for autopsy.
- At no time, in any part of this guarantee, including the FL Lemon Law, do we guarantee against conditions brought on by environmental changes, stress or exposure to adverse conditions that we cannot control once the puppy leaves our care. If the puppy shows no signs or symptoms of a problem we do not and cannot treat them. Therefore, we do not guarantee against Hypoglycemia, Coccidiosis, Giardia, Parasites (Internal or External), Viral, Bacterial or Fungal Infections, Allergies or Ear Mites.
- All puppies must be spayed/neutered on or before its 1st birthday.
- We do not give any guarantee for adult size, color changes, coat texture, shedding or hypoallergenic.
- The Buyer agrees to never release the puppy/dog to any animal shelter, dog pound, animal rescue or research facility. The Buyer agrees that should the occasion arise whereby the Buyer no longer desires ownership of the puppy/dog the Buyer will try to find a loving home. If no home can be found, returned back to Gulf Coast Minis. If puppy/dog is returned to Gulf Coast Minis, no money will be refunded.
- It is understood and agreed to by the parties to this agreement that this agreement and the purchase and sale of the said dog shall fall under the jurisdiction of the laws of the City of North Port, Florida, and the State of Florida and that any matters with respect to this Agreement shall be dealt with as per the laws governing this location. It is further understood that any circumstances, situations, disputes arising which are not covered within this Agreement shall be remedied at the discretion of the breeder and the breeder’s decision shall be final and binding. • This agreement is non-transferable. It is only in effect for the original Purchaser whose name appears on this contract.